The reconditioning services available from CPI are of exceptional quality and precision, restoring all types and makes of compressor parts to their original specifications - “as good as new.” Every reconditioning service begins with a thorough inspection and analysis of the condition conducted by expertly trained technicians. With a network of global locations, CPI is able to respond quickly to operators’ needs, wherever they are in the world.
Compressor Valves, Unloaders and Actuators
Results from the initial assessment identify the series of procedures required to restore the assembly to serviceable condition. Servicing depends on the level or severity of the disrepair. The process includes:
- Machining of valve seats and guards
- Replacement of internal components such as rings, buttons and springs, actuator stems and diaphragms
- Assembly testing, quality inspection, and protective packaging
During the process, our evaluation will identify the root causes of any problems which will allow us to redesign or upgrade components.
Packing cases are also thoroughly examined and analyzed before reconditioning is carried out. The process includes:
- Bead blasting
- Machining and lapping of cups
- Reassembly, quality inspection and protective packaging
Piston and Piston Rods
All pistons and rods are inspected to assess how to proceed with a reconditioning program and to ensure their suitability for re-use. This process will include:
- Thread rolling
- Wear-resistant hardening and spray coatings applied for specific application requirements
Depending on the analysis, piston reconditioning may include re-machining of grooves, steels insertion and re-anodizing. CPI completes the process with reassembly and installation of piston rings, rider rings or rider bands if required.