CNC Programmer 2502
Posted on: 08- July- 2013
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
General Summary and Basic Functions
We have a great opportunity for an advanced programmer to make a huge impact in our company. We need someone with great tooling knowledge and who likes to maximize machine output. We purchased new state-of-the-art CNC machines and need someone to take our manufacturing efforts to the next level.
• Primarily using Solidworks CAD and Esprit CAM software to draw and program all CNC machines for our full range of products.
• Maximizes the output and efficiency of all CNC machines to process orders as lean as possible.
• Strategically selects tooling to meet the production needs while maintaining or reducing costs
• Strategically schedules jobs for minimum tooling change-over.
• Reads and works from prints, process sheets, written, and verbal instructions to tolerances of .0005”.
• Uses Gauges, calipers, micrometers to measure work.
• Works with all metallic and non metallic materials.
• Works with minimum supervision but willing to take advice from others.
• Must have demonstrated good job performance and good attitude.
• Must be a team player and willing to work together for solutions.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with CPI –Compressor Products International and EnPro Industries policies and procedures as well as applicable federal or state laws.
No Travel Requirements
• Time management, planning, and analytical skills.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
• Ability to understand CPI’s safety standards and guidelines.
• Ability to communicate – orally and in writing both internally and externally.
• Must be able to routinely follow work orders and customer specifications with attention to quality.
• Must be able to work occasional overtime.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to sometimes sit; use hands to handle or feel equipment or generate/prepare reports, reach with hands and arms to install equipment, and talk or hear to communicate with internal and external customers as well as management and other fellow employees. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch in order to install and/or diagnose customer or company equipment and/or tooling. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus in order to read product results and generate customer/management reporting as requirement as well as communication documentation as needed. Must remain alert at all times.
Must possess the ability to read, interpret system reports and/or documents, safety procedures and guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, operating procedure manuals and blueprints. Must be able to follow routine procedure.
Must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; and an ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to use complex equipment requiring continuous attention. Must be able to make minor decisions.
• Level 2 Five (5) years experience.
• Level 3 Five (5) plus years experience.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must have experience using vertical mills, horizontal lathes, lathes with live tooling, material handling robots
• Experience with a horizontal machining center with LPP system is a plus
• Experience using g-code and/or macro experience is valuable to this position.
• Experience in lean manufacturing principles are a plus
Broad knowledge of the Company and the Compressor manufacturing industry to include experience in manufacturing and reconditioning of compressor components.
CPI is located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
How to Apply
Please E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. EOE