Area Sales Manager 2432
Date Posted: 01 May 2013
Compressor Products International (CPI) designs, manufactures and markets precision-engineered sealing components for reciprocating compressors used in chemical plants, refineries and natural gas processing and transportation facilities. We are seeking a dynamic Area Sales Manager to support our territory in Sweden.
Responsible for selling Compressor Products International (CPI) products and services to business and industrial establishments or individuals at customer’s place of business within assigned territory.
Nature and Scope:
To work and travel primarily with end users and companies with field service contracts/networks. Preferably located in or around the Gothenburg area.
• Makes sales calls on a regular basis to all existing customers and potential customer locations within the defined geographical boundaries of the sales territory.
• Promotes and sells all CPI products and service offerings.
• Continually researches and compiles listings of prospective customers to create sales leads.
• Gathers sales leads from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, websites, and other sources.
• Continually grows the CPI sales penetration and opportunities within the territory.
• Identifies each customer or potential customer’s needs and expectations to establish a successful customer-supplier working relationship.
• Quotes prices, credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Estimates date of delivery to customers for their orders based on knowledge of CPI’s production and delivery schedules.
• Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
• Coordinates customer trainings with the Regional Sales Manager
• Prepares and submits directly to the online CPI CRM system Key Account Plans and Visit Reports to support CPI’s efforts to gain market share. Submit weekly expense reports through the online Concur Expense Reporting System to the Regional Sales Manager for approval and processing.
• Prepare and submits monthly sales reports at the conclusion of each CPI financial month to the Regional Sales Manager
Must be able to travel 60% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to sometimes sit; use hands to handle or feel equipment or generate/prepare reports, reach with hands and arms to install equipment, and talk or hear to communicate with internal and external customers as well as management and other fellow employees. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch in order to install and/or diagnose customer or company equipment and/or tooling. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus in order to read product results and generate customer/management reporting as requirement as well as communication documentation as needed.
Swedish and English
Must possess the ability to read, interpret system reports and/or documents, safety procedures and guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, operating procedure manuals and blueprints.
Reasoning Ability :
Must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; and an ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Valid driver’s license for company travel, prospecting new locations, or customer visits.
• Legal ability to work in the Region.
• Ability to travel overnight
Ideal candidate must be familiar with MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Power Point. Familiarity with ERP operating system.
Educational Requirements/Work Experience:
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• 7-10 years of broad knowledge of the Company and the compression manufacturing industry to include experience in sales, operations, finance, and management.
This position is located in Sweden.
How to Apply:
Qualified Candidates should E-mail resumes to email@example.com
Please include the Job Reference Number in E-mail.
Note: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.