2331 Field Service Technician
Posted on Friday 08-March -13
Categories - Field Service
Compressor Products International (CPI) designs, manufactures and markets precision-engineered sealing components for reciprocating compressors used in chemical plants, refineries and natural gas processing and transportation facilities. CPI also provides parts and service on HP air compressors in the Plastic Bottle Blowing industry. Our technicians are based at different locations around the U.S and travel to the customers to perform service as needed.
• Performs maintenance on high pressure reciprocating air compressors used in PET plastic bottle blowing industry.
• Must understand and consistently apply the employer’s and owners policies and procedures.
• Supports job training for apprentices or interns.
• Recognizes, address and resolves issues in a timely manner.
• To observe and maintain all health and safety rules which are all bound by the law and also those specific to CPI.
• Maintain an attitude of continuous improvement in all aspects of all work at CPI.
• Be flexible in duties and carry out any work which has been deemed within your capabilities.
• Detects malfunctions and recommends upkeep of compressors
• May install replacement parts in compressors
• Be in direct contact and work with customers.
• May confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
• Self manages while travelling out of town.
• Reports unsafe conditions or practices
• Helps record injuries if they occur
• Increases team morale.
• Applies good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Handles administrative duties of the position, including completion of required documents.
• Uses and makes sure team is wearing and using proper PPE equipment.
• Must be able to travel 80% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to regularly sit; use hands to handle or feel equipment or generate/prepare reports, reach with hands and arms to install equipment, and talk or hear to communicate with internal and external customers as well as management and other fellow employees. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in order to install and/or diagnose customer or company equipment and/or tooling. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus in order to read product results and generate customer/management reporting as requirement as well as communication documentation as needed.
Must possess the ability to read, interpret system reports and/or documents, safety procedures, guidelines, operating, maintenance instructions, and operating procedure manuals. Must be able to write and communicate to management correspondence and articulate effectively.
Reasoning Ability :
Must posses the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; and an ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Position Type: Full Time
Position Reports To: ServiceManager
Reference Code: 2331
Other Benefits: CPI offers a comprehensive range of benefits
Location: US, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas
Job URL: www.c-p-i.com
Travel Required: 80% of the time (approximate)
Starts On: 08-Mar-13
• Effectively uses computers and other technology applicable to the job.
• Must be able to work independently, and supervise others as needed.
• Can motivate and mentor teams
• Has team building skills
• Effectively communicates
• Some college/ Trade School is preferred
Education Required: High school diploma required.
How to Apply
Please E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.