2330 Territory Sales Representative - Gillette, WY
Posted on Thursday 13-Dec-12
Categories - Sales
Compressor Products International (CPI) designs, manufactures and markets precision-engineered sealing components for reciprocating compressors used in chemical plants, refineries and natural gas processing and transportation facilities. We are seeking a dynamic Sales Manager to support our territory in Western Canada. Includes (AB, BC)
Responsible for promoting Compressor Products International (CPI) products and services to business and industrial establishments or individuals at customer’s place of business within assigned territory.
Nature and Scope: To work and travel primarily with end users and companies with field service contracts/networks. This includes working with CPI Natural Gas Customers.
• Makes joint sales calls on a regular basis to all existing customers and potential customer locations within the defined geographical boundaries of the sales region.
• Manage Sales Team
• Work closely with operations team members to meet sales and bookings objectives.
• Develop relationships with key customer personnel.
• Supervising - Direct reports.
• Persuading, selling, convincing - External and internal selling skills; promoting CPI Service products within an assigned market.
• Developing - Products, territories, sales personnel.
• Analyzing - market trends, activity.
• Management of the regional sales organization including performance appraisals and salary planning.
• Recruitment, selection, hiring, and training of sales team members.
• Bookings and Sales Forecasting and Salesman Quota Assignment.
• Support individual sales team members with their sales activities.
• Provide management support and leadership for the setting of customer disputes.
• Review of sale territories and accounts.
• Analyze the market, monitor market trends, and communicate this information within CPI Service.
• Work closely with the operations organizations to maximize sales.
• Strong verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
• Strong selling and negotiation skills that are shared with the selling team.
• Leadership skills to motivate sales team.
• Planning skills to help sales team prioritize and optimize their efforts in order to maximize CPI Service sales.
• Ability to develop relationships with key customers.
• Continually researches and compiles listings of prospective customers to create sales leads.
• Gathers sales leads from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, websites, and other sources.
• Continually grows the CPI Service sales penetration and opportunities within the region.
• Identifies each customer or potential customer’s needs and expectations to establish a successful customer-supplier working relationship.
• Quotes prices, credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Estimates date of delivery to customers for their orders based on knowledge of CPI’s production and delivery schedules.
• Works with inside and outside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
• Coordinates customer trainings with the Director of Sales Natural Gas Canada.
• Prepares and submits weekly reports, weekly expense reports to the Director of Sales for Natural Gas for approval every Monday for previous week’s calls.
• Prepares and submits monthly sales reports at the conclusion of each CPI financial month and participate in quarterly business reviews.
Must be able to travel 60% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to sometimes sit; use hands to handle or feel equipment or generate/prepare reports, reach with hands and arms to install equipment, and talk or hear to communicate with internal and external customers as well as management and other fellow employees. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch in order to install and/or diagnose customer or company equipment and/or tooling. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus in order to read product results and generate customer/management reporting as requirement as well as communication documentation as needed.
Must possess the ability to read, interpret system reports and/or documents, safety procedures and guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, operating procedure manuals and blueprints.
Reasoning Ability :
Must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; and an ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Position Type: Full Time
Reference Code: 2330
Other Benefits: CPI offers a comprehensive range of benefits
Location: Edmonton, AB or Calgary, AB.
Job URL: www.c-p-i.com
Travel Required: 0% of the time (approximate)
Starts On: 10-Jul-12
• Valid driver’s license for company travel, prospecting new locations, or customer visits.
• Legal ability to work in Canada.
• Ability to travel overnight
• 7-10 years of broad knowledge of the Company and the compression manufacturing industry to include experience in sales, operations, finance, and management.
Ideal candidate must be familiar with MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Power Point. Familiarity with ERP operating system.
Education Required: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
How to Apply
Please E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.