2329 Territory Sales Rep
Posted on Tuesday 20-March-13
Categories - Sales/Marketing
Compressor Products International (CPI) designs, manufactures and markets precision-engineered sealing components for reciprocating compressors used in chemical plants, refineries and natural gas processing and transportation facilities. We are seeking a dynamic Sales Representative to support our territory in Western Canada. Includes (AB, BC).
Responsible for selling Compressor Products International (CPI) products and services to business and industrial establishments or individuals at customer’s place of business within assigned territory.
Nature and Scope: To work and travel primarily with end users and companies with field service contracts/networks. This includes working with CPI Natural Gas Customers.
• Makes sales calls on a regular basis to all existing customers and potential customer locations within the defined geographical boundaries of the sales territory.
• Promotes and sells all CPI products and service offerings.
• Continually researches and compiles listings of prospective customers to create sales leads.
• Gathers sales leads from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, websites, and other sources.
• Continually grows the CPI sales penetration and opportunities within the territory.
• Identifies each customer or potential customer’s needs and expectations to establish a successful customer-supplier working relationship.
• Quotes prices, credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Estimates date of delivery to customers for their orders based on knowledge of CPI’s production and delivery schedules.
• Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
• Coordinates customer trainings with the Director of High Speed Sales
• Prepares and submits weekly call reports, weekly expense reports to the Director of High Speed Sales for approval every Monday for previous week’s calls.
Prepares and submits monthly sales reports at the conclusion of each CPI financial month.
Position Type: Full Time
Position Reports To: Regional Sales Manager
Reference Code: 2329
Other Benefits: CPI offers a comprehensive benefits package
Location: Western Canada. Includes (AB, BC)
Job URL: www.c-p-i.com
Travel Required: 0% of the time (approximate)
Starts On: 10-Jul-12
Must be able to travel 60% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to sometimes sit; use hands to handle or feel equipment or generate/prepare reports, reach with hands and arms to install equipment, and talk or hear to communicate with internal and external customers as well as management and other fellow employees. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch in order to install and/or diagnose customer or company equipment and/or tooling. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus in order to read product results and generate customer/management reporting as requirement as well as communication documentation as needed.
Must possess the ability to read, interpret system reports and/or documents, safety procedures and guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, operating procedure manuals and blueprints.
Reasoning Ability :
Must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; and an ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Valid driver’s license for company travel, prospecting new locations, or customer visits.
• Legal ability to work in the United States.
• Ability to travel overnight
• 7-10 years of broad knowledge of the Company and the compression manufacturing industry to include experience in sales, operations, finance, and management.
Ideal candidate must be familiar with MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Power Point. Familiarity with ERP operating system.
Education Required: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
How to Apply
Please E-mail your resume to email@example.com