Manual Machinist III – Baton Rouge, LA
General Summary and Basic Functions
1. Starts and operates typical manual machines including, but not limited to lathes, mills, drills, grinders, and saws. Position is expected to know how to operate two or more types of machines.
2. Sharpens tools.
3. Reads and works from prints, process sheets, written and verbal instructions to tolerances of .0005”.
4. Uses gauges, calipers, micrometers to measure work.
5. Works with all metallic and non-metallic materials.
6. Works with minimum supervision.
7. Continuous standing and lifting of 5 to 60 pounds.
8. Must be able to follow routine procedures.
9. Must be able to disassemble, repair, reassemble and test recondition components.
10. Must be able to fill out inspection reports.
11. Must be able to use complex equipment requiring continuous attention.
12. Must be able to make minor decisions.
13. Must be able to disassemble, repair, reassemble and test recondition components.
14. Must be able to fill out inspection reports.
15. Must be able to use complex equipment requiring continuous attention.
16. Must be able to make minor decisions.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with CPI –Compressor Products International and EnPro Industries policies and procedure as well as applicable federal or state laws.
• Time management, planning, and analytical skills.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
• Ability to understand CPI’s safety standards and guidelines.
• Ability to communicate – orally and in writing both internally and externally.
• Must be able to routinely follow work orders and customer specifications with attention to quality.
• Must be able to work Night shift.
Travel Requirements: No Travel Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to regularly sit; use hands to handle or feel equipment or generate/prepare reports, reach with hands and arms to install equipment, and talk or hear to communicate with internal and external customers as well as management and other fellow employees. The employee must remain alert. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in order to install and/or diagnose customer or company equipment and/or tooling. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus in order to read product results and generate customer/management reporting as requirement as well as communication documentation as needed.
Must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; and an ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); progressive experience as a Journeyman Machinist or Millwright, and knowledge of machining reciprocating Compression Manufacturing parts and/or components.
Broad knowledge of the Company and the Compression manufacturing industry to include experience in manufacturing and reconditioning of compressor components.
Manual Machinist I or Trainee
Entry level or minimal experience.
Manual Machinist II
Two (2) to five (5) years’ experience
Manual Machinist III
Five (5) plus years’ experience
CPI is located in Baton Rouge, LA
How to Apply
Please E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. EOE